Attention muggles, Harry Potter is now available to read as an eBook for various readers, smartphones, tablets, mp3 players, and computers!!! You need to purchase your Harry Potter eBooks on the third-party website, www.pottermore.com. Then click the lower right button for eBooks at the Pottermore Shop.
The eBook prices range from $7.99 (earlier books) to $9.99 (later books). The audio book prices range from $29.99 (earlier books) to $44.99 (later books). You can also save %10 by buying all seven books. Here are some questions and answers to hopefully help.
Currently, the books are only available in English, but soon they will be available in more languages.
The Harry Potter eBooks are provided in EPUB format, which is most common for readers. What devices are compatible with the Pottermore Shop eBooks?:
- Sony Reader (PRS—505 & PRS—700)
- Sony Reader WiFi (PRS—T1)
- Sony Tablet S & Sony Tablet P (SGPT1XX & SGPT212)
- Daily Edition (PRS—900BC & PRS 950SC)
- Pocket Edition (PRS—300SC & PRS—350SC)
- Touch Edition (PRS—600BC & PRS 650BC)
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus
- Samsung Galaxy S
- HTC EVO
- Motorola Droid
- Samsung Galaxy Tab
- Asus Transformer
- Asus Iconia Tab
- Motorola Xoom
- Toshiba Thrive
- Other mobile and tablet devices running Android v1.5 or higher (i.e. PanDigital Novel)
- All Amazon Kindle devices and reading apps
- NOOK and NOOKcolor (including Nook first edition, Nook Simple Touch and Nook Color)
- Kobo eReader (including Kobo eReader, eReader wireless and Kobo Touch)
- iPhone running iOS v4.2 or newer
- iPad running iOS v4.2 or newer
- iPod touch running iOS v4.2 or newer
Most eBook–reading devices support the EPUB format. For a comprehensive list, visithttp://blogs.adobe.com/digitalpublishing/supported-devices or check your manufacturer’s guidelines to see if this applies to your device.
How do I download the eBook?:
In order, to buy the Harry Potter eBook you need to set up a Pottermore Shop account. If you were lucky enough to get early access to Pottermore you still need to make a separate Pottermore Shop account. Click on the eBook you wish to purchase and add it to your basket. After it’s in your basket, proceed to the checkout.
How many times can I download each eBook?:
You’re able to download each eBook eight times for your personal use at no additional cost.
I was one of the lucky few who got to experience Pottermore early in October. It will open to everyone next month! Pottermore is an awesome online reading experience. You learn more about the books and become part of the story yourself. Click on the message to hear more about it from J. K. Rowling.
- You Can Buy The Harry Potter E-Books Now – Here’s What You Need To Know (paidcontent.org)
- Pottermore Shop is Now Open! (thecheapreader.wordpress.com)
- Harry Potter eBooks finally arrive on Pottermore (toiletfodder.wordpress.com)
- Harry Potter books now available for iPad, other eReaders (tuaw.com)
- Harry Potter Kindle Books are now available through J.K. Rowling’s Pottermore (kindleebookdeals.com)
- Amazon, B&N make concessions for Potter ebooks (canada.com)
- Harry Potter eBooks Finally Available (firewireblog.com)
- All 7 Harry Potter books are now available in digital format from Pottermore (technologytell.com)
- Harry Potter eBooks: The eBookstores (mikecanex.wordpress.com)