“Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.”
– Dr. Seuss
This week is a special Foto Friday. My family’s dog, George, passed away this week. We called him ‘George the Gentle Giant’, since he was kind even though he was a large dog. He was a wonderful dog and will be missed. He’s now in a better place with no pain. I have many photos and great memories of our dog George.
A Dog’s Journey is a direct sequel from A Dog’s Purpose that is written by the same author. You can read A Dog’s Journey first, but I suggest it adds more information and emotion if you read A Dog’s Purpose first. The book is entirely written from the dog’s viewpoint, so it’s often very humorous about why dogs behave a certain way. I won’t lie there are sad moments in the book that honestly made me cry, but there are many joyous moments as well. Here are some quotes from the dog that may make you wonder what exactly your dog is thinking, but it doesn’t wreck the story. ‘As far as I was concerned, having cookies so tantalizingly close to my nose without being given a treat of any kind was the big tragedy of the day’. ‘He would tell me to sit and then give me a wonderful treat, even though Sit was the easiest of tricks for a dog’. ‘It cannot be a dog’s purpose to understand what people want because it is impossible’. And I think this is the best quote: ‘I didn’t trust people who didn’t like dogs’. In this story, the dog protects a girl who often struggles in her life. The dog is always present and attempts to help whenever possible. Personally, I preferred A Dog’s Purpose but I enjoyed both. You’ll wonder what your dog is thinking and appreciate them even more.
I had a very difficult time finding things to fit the letter X. Finally, I looked into the dictionary and found just one page. So I needed to be creative.
This week’s photo challenge is a little complex. (At least it seemed more complex to me.) The goal is to have two subjects in each photo. I went on a walk with my dog and took some photographs. I tried to keep an open mind for two subjects.
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Two Subjects (motherwifestudentworker.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Two Subjects (weirdandcoolstuff.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Two Subjects (lifeisanexquisitejourney.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Two Subjects (mtlawleyshire.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Two Subjects (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge : Two Subjects (hurtlingtowards60.wordpress.com)
- wp weekly photo challenge : two subjects (clickclickshutterbug.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Two Subjects (arindammohapatra.wordpress.com)
- Weekly photo challenge: Two subjects. 4/13/12, two subjects (the normal brain and the damaged brain), two subjects (2 persons’) brains, two different diagnoses, and two MRIs of two very different brains… (realestatesavant.wordpress.com)