Written & Illustrated by David Wiesner
Published 1999 by Clarion Books
Genre/Subject: Wordless Picture Book, Clouds, Imagination
A boy goes on a field trip to the Empire State Building in New York City. However, it’s a very cloudy day and not much can be seen at the Observatory. A friendly cloud whisks the boy away into the sky. They travel far until they reach their destination: Sector 7. Sector 7 is the control station where clouds arrive and depart. The clouds have a problem that hopefully the boy can solve.
I read Sector 7 to two classes and both groups were skeptical about a wordless book. A student asked, ‘You mean we’re making the story?’ Yes, that is exactly what occurred during read aloud. The students were captivated with picture details and making the story in their own words. Sector 7 is a good book for older ages to pick up clues in the story. Students can write or draw about what their cloud would look like. I recommend this book.
Think of yourself looking up into sky as your mind slips away and you dream into the clouds. You could be dreaming and thinking about anything.
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Dreaming (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Image of Life: of Dreams and Freedom (francineinretirement.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Dreaming (mystiic.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Dreaming (babyjill7.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Dreaming! (andreadreamin.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Dreaming. (rohmihayati.wordpress.com)