The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2012 annual report for this blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
4,329 films were submitted to the 2012 Cannes Film Festival. This blog had 50,000 views in 2012. If each view were a film, this blog would power 12 Film Festivals
- Joined two book clubs.
- Completed my 2012 reading goal to read at least 20 books.
- Started a book journal to list summaries and my thoughts about books.
Here’s a list of the books that I read in 2012. I underlined my favorite books read from this year.
Favorite Books from 2012:
- The Night Circus Erin Morgenstern
- The 19th Wife by
Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
- The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling
- The Doctor and the Diva by Adrienne McDonnell
- The Warmth of Other Suns: The Epic Story of America’s Great Migration by Isabel Wilkerson
- My Korean Deli: Risking It All for a Convenience Store by Ben Ryder Howe
- Gold by Chris Cleave
- Atlas of Unknowns by Tania James
- The Best of Everything by Rona Jaffe
- Brooklyn by Colm Tóibín
- The Chaperone by Laura Moriarty
- 13, rue Thérèse by Elena Mauli Shapiro
- A Dog’s Journey by W. Bruce Cameron
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
- A Woman’s Place by Lynn Austin
- Never Eighteen by Megan Bostic*
- The Hunger Games Series by Suzanne Collins
- Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
- Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford (reread)
- Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling (reread)
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith (reread)
What were some books that you read in 2012? Hopefully, 2013 is filled with pages of wonderful books!